Any donations - even $5 - are greatly appreciated! The web site costs $$ to
run and maintain.
||Our current web hosting service provider is
1and1.com. While their download speeds
are a bit slow, we have ~2GB of web storage. If you ever decide to use
them, please use this link, as we'll get a 1 month free service
referral bonus. If you do this, please let us know so we can make sure
the credit goes through. The hiking exchange can't use their cheaper
package as it doesn't provide some of the services we need to
run our web scripts.
Other "soft" expenses: [some shared with other activities]
||$36/month, we estimate it's used 20-30% of the time for northbayhikes uploads and web development.
||Average time spent working on the web site. Some months it's zero,
other months it's most of the weekends.
||We use a paid version of Microsoft Sharepoint Designer and other tools like
Adobe Photoshop to work on the web site.
||We also host our family web site using the same package, but only
because there is extra space. It's not used much, as we're facebook
whereas northbayhikes is used daily so the pro-rated amount is
negligible - perhaps 10%?
Here is a summary of donations to date. We'd be happy to mention your name as
a sponsor, please let us know in the notes column when you donate if you'd like
to be anonymous or mentioned. If you don't mention, we'll use your name for full
- $100 from Gurjit Nijjar. Wow! Wow! Lightning strikes
- $10 from Laurie Winkler
- $10 from Barbara Frisch-Klopper
- $10 from Jami Ross
- $20 from Vina Breyfogle
- $20 from Bob Matreci
- $25 from Taryn Young
- $25 from Charles Haseltine.
- $25 from Stephanie Faulkner.
- $25 from Jon Breyfogle.
- $100 from Gurjit Nijjar. Wow! Wow! Biggest ever!
- $10 from Alan Johnson
- $7 from Diane Depuydt
- $25 from Philip Tabanao
- I stopped adding comments after each name; they are
all very much appreciated!
- $50 from Don Bradley.
- $60 cash on one hike! $20 from Diane and Pete
Alexandrov, $20 from Glenn Mercurio, and $20 from
another friend. (sorry please email me your name for
credit - I could read me notes and it's one of 2 people.
- $20 from Charles Haseltine.
- $25 from Marcia Beauchamp.
- $5 from Mike Fitzpatrick.
- $20 donation from John Chute - most awesome - thanks!!
- $50 donation from Steve Eastwood - awesome, thank you!!
- $5 donation from Casey Morrigan - excellent, thanks!
- $25 donation from Taryn Lewis - wonderful, thank you!!
- $10 donation from Laurie Winkler - excellent, thanks!!
- $10 donation from John Chute - wow, again, thanks!!
- $10 donation from Tina Sun - thanks!!
- $10 donation from Marianne Etchell Allen - thanks!!
- $25 donation from Chad Barker - thanks!!
- $10 donation from Laurie Winkler - thanks!!
- $50 donation from Steven Eastwood - thanks!! An awesome holiday
||DSL and web hosting through sonic was expensive!
|2004 & earlier
||We didn't track expenses for previous years.
-Contact Us / WebMaster
Rob Laddish 1995-2005
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS
SITE! We rely on
donations from users to help pay the web hosting
expenses and offset development time.
If you enjoy this site and our events, please consider donating some money via PayPal, or volunteering some time for web site development and maintenance.
Any amount (even $1) is appreciated! Thanks!